---------------------------------------- The Unbearable Lightness of being Tofuu a Ranma 1/2 short by Space Pirate Hamster ---------------------------------------- "Hello?" Kasumi greeted the white-coated man curiously. "Ah, miss Tendou! I'm glad to meet you." "Ara!" Kasumi said, nervously noting the 'Nerima Psychiatric Institute' nametag attached to the man's breast pocket. "You're not here for Ranma and his friends are you?" "Of course not Miss Tendou. I'm here for you... rather--" "Oh, there must be a mistake!" Kasumi said. "I've been taking my medication very regularly ever since the incident at the Tokyo Tower. Why, I don't even *own* an overcoat anymore! I even gave all my body-paints to my little sister." The man chuckled nervously. He scrubbed at his thinning white hair and wondered exactly what kind of woman his friend had fallen in love with. "Ah, you must misunderstand why I am here. I'm a colleague of Tofuu Ono, a chiropractor who speaks highly of you." "Oh, you're Tofuu-sensei's friend!" "Yes. I'm also his physician right now. Tofuu has placed himself in my care in order to try to overcome a certain psychological problem he's been fighting." "Oh?" "You might have noticed his absence for the that last few months," the white-haired psychiatrist said. "He's been in my care. We've been working diligently, but..." "Yes?" "Well," the doctor said, "my friend Tofuu has asked me to come here today as an in-between." Kasumi's eyes widened in surprise. Her hand went to her mouth in surprise and tears began to form at the corner of her eyes. "Tofuu- sensei wants to have an omiai with me? Me? Really?!" (Omiai: Traditional Japanese 'Marriage Meeting'.) The doctor nodded. "There's a problem, however. Tofuu has a certain... Well, let me put it bluntly. He can't control himself when he's in your presence. You may have noticed this." "Not really," Kasumi said, wistfully clasping her hands together. "Tofuu-sensei has always been the kindest, sweetest silliest man. I've never noticed any odd behavior." "Mmm..hhmm..." the doctor pulled out a legal pad and began to take notes. "Yes. Well... Tofuu's treatment has reached a plateau. I don't believe he'll make any more progress without your help. I was hoping you'd spend a few days at our institute in order to aid with Tofuu's desensitization treatment." "Okay!" Kasumi replied happily. "What should I bring?" "Do you still own a high-school uniform?" "Yes, but I'm not sure it still fits." Kasumi blushed slightly and averted her eyes. "I've grown and... filled out... a bit since I graduated." "That will suit our needs almost perfectly, Tendou-san." * * * "She really came?" Tofuu asked, his eyes lighting up with glee. "She really agreed?" "Of course she did, Tofuu-kun," the doctor told him. "Now if you'll step in here we can sit down and chat for a few moments about--" Tofuu walked into the next room. "Why hello, Kas-- ACK!" Kasumi arched her back and let one hand slide down the front of her skirt. "I'm not sure the uniform really fits anymore, Tofuu- sensei, but Aro-sensei said that you would really like it." "ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!" Kasumi took a deep breath, straining the cotton blouse she wore to its very limits. The light blue fabric of the Furinkan high issue jumper rode up dramatically with every breath. Giving testament to Kasumi's last growth spurt, the flared skirt barely covered her hips. The girl kept tugging it down slightly, trying to keep it from riding up over the bottom of her thin cotton panties. "ACK! ACK! ACK! ACK!" "Do you like my uniform, Tofuu-sensei?" Kasumi asked in a petulant voice, unsure of her appearance. "Why hello, Kasumi! What strange thing it is to meet you here of all places!" "Tofuu-sensei?" The chiropractor rocked back, blood jetting from each nostril. He impacted the floor like a board, rattling back and forth stiffly before he came to a stop. "Oh, Tofuu-sensei, you big silly!" Kasumi giggled cutely. "You always play the funniest pranks!" Aro rubbed his hands through his thin white hair and sighed at the sight. "We have further to go than I thought," he said sadly. * * * "Okay, Tofuu, you can open your eyes," Aro instructed. "Start at the bottom and work your way up like we discussed, okay?" Tofuu nodded and let his eyelids part slightly. He glanced across the floor until he came to a pair of black pumps with a short stiletto heel. Kasumi's, he knew. "Teehee!" the girl giggled. Tofuu gulped loudly, fixing his eyes on the girl's feet. He cleared his throat, fighting for control. "Hello, Kasumi. How are you doing today?" he asked in a strained tone. "I'm just fine, Tofuu-sensei! What do you think of my outfit?" Trembling, Tofuu let his eyes dart a bit higher. Kasumi's slender calves were clad in sheer, black hosiery. The light glinted off the fabric and stabbed into his retina. By the time he reached her knees, he was fairly shaking. Tofuu fixed the idea of Kasumi in a nice dress-suit in his mind, with the hem of the skirt falling just above her shapely knees. Using the image to try to calm himself, he allowed his eyes to drift higher. The hem of the skirt kept rising in Tofuu's mental image. "Keep going, Tofuu-kun!" Aro-sensei encouraged him. Tofuu's eyes crossed the top of Kasumi's thigh-high stockings. "EEEEP! HEeeeeeeEEEEEE!" The man cried before he began to run in short circles. Just before he lost conscious rationality, the image of Kasumi in a leotard, stockings and big, floppy bunny ears burned itself into his hindbrain. "Ara... Is he okay?" Kasumi asked of the man kicking himself around in circles on the floor." "He should be," Aro said in a defeated tone. "It's not good for his heart, but he's fairly strong. Let's give him a few hours to calm down and try again." * * * "Tofuu-sensei!" Kasumi said, clad in her nurses' uniform. "Time for your sponge bath!" "Aiyyeeeeeeee!" * * * "Gahagahahaghahghgghaa..." Kasumi pursed her lips thoughtfully. Tofuu-sensei certainly seemed to be making some odd noises. Strapped into the chair like he was, Kasumi began to wonder if he was uncomfortable. Still, as Aro- sensei had told her, it was all part of his treatment. Kasumi didn't understand what dusting had to do with treatment, but Aro-sensei assured her that it would help Tofuu. They certainly gave her a nice outfit to do the dusting in! Kasumi bent over to skiff the feather duster back and forth over the table-top. Her short, black skirt rode deliciously up the backs of her thighs as she did so, displaying more of Kasumi's fishnet stocking-clad legs than Tofuu believed he had ever seen on any woman before. "...gahaghghgaaghghgghahghghgaaaa..." * * * "Kasumi, would you... marry me?" Tofuu asked. Tears in her eyes, Kasumi nodded happily and threw her arms around the doctor. "Oh, Tofuu-sensei! I'm so happy!" Shaking, Tofuu gently patted the girl's back and held her close to him. "Can I take off the gorilla suit now and put the bunny suit back on?" Kasumi asked. "Just a few more minutes dear one," Tofuu said, eyeing his new fiancee nervously. ----------------------------------- ^_^ Good luck, WW! C.