_________________ / \ | Could He Be?... | \_________________/ Visit my website at fire@duncanz.com http://www.fire.duncanz.com Akane watched as Ranma and the Senshi battled the alien. It was not the first time that Ranma had fought on the side of the Senshi, and Akane secretly hoped it would not be the last. First and foremost was the obvious reason: to fight beside the Senshi in the future would imply that they won this battle. At the moment, that was not looking very likely. Sailor Moon was down, her most powerful attack stopped cold by the alien. Sailor Mars was watching over her now, since the alien appeared invulnerable to fire, but the rest of the Senshi were still fighting it. At least, those Senshi still able to fight. Neptune had been drained of energy almost immediately on her arrival. The poor girl was now grey and listless. Alive, but only barely hanging on. Venus, Jupiter and Uranus had teamed up to try and buy some time for Sailor Mercury work with Sailor Pluto to try and find a weakness. Yes, in all the times that Akane had come with Ranma and watched him fight with the Senshi, this was the first time she had seen Sailor Pluto. Once, when she had spoken to Sailor Mercury after the fight, the girl had confided that Pluto only appeared when the Senshi were at the most challenged, and even then rarely joined in the fighting. There was no sign of a Sailor Saturn. From what she had heard (and Akane was a closet Sailor groupie) Sailor Saturn had only appeared once, and that was when Mugen Academy was destroyed by the massive demon uprising a few months ago. That was an unconfirmed rumour - she had tried asking one of the Senshi, but they just said "no comment". However, according to legend, Sailor Saturn was the most powerful and dangerous of the Senshi. Her attacks were supposed to be vastly overwhelming and massively overpowered. Should she join the fight, it would be questionable if Tokyo would survive the compliment. Ranma had shown up around the same time that Neptune had been drained. At first he and Akane had assumed that it would be nothing worse than when Miss Hinako drained someone's battle aura, or when the youma attacks from the Senshi's early days. The fact that the Outer Senshi was still unconscious, and could hardly breath was a firm indicator that this was not the case. Although Ranma was a martial artist beyond compare, even he had been able to do little more than delay the alien from ripping through the city and killing people at its least whim. The alien did not seem to generate any sort of battle aura which ruled out using the Hiryuu Shoten Ha, perhaps the half-machine creature was not truly alive and could not produce one. Genma's Secret Techniques and Ranma's own Moko Takabisha rivalled Uranus' World Shaking for sheer power, but like that Senshi's, they were not in the same league as Sailor Moon's Moon Gorgeous Meditation. If that did not work, what hope did lesser attacks? As such, Ranma and the remaining Senshi had resorted to the most basic language of negotiation; they attempted to beat the snot out of it with their bare hands and fists. Uranus had a sword, but it seemed to be of little use, bouncing off the aliens armour or skin if it was lucky enough to hit. Even Ranma - although he managed to deliver more blows that the girls - did not succeed in doing more than making it angry with him. Gasping in horror, Akane leapt to her feet and dashed across the road. Ranma had just been struck by the alien, and it did not look like he enjoyed it in the least. As he flew backwards to crash through a concrete wall, a thin stream of blood trailing from his mouth, while his head and limbs flailed in that uncontrolled fashion that only truly is perfected by the unconscious. Running to his side, Akane gently cradled his head, weeping in fear that his eyes would never open. After just a short time, Ranma's eyes did indeed open, but they refused to focus for many long seconds, rolling aimlessly in their sockets. Eventually the pig tailed boy blinked several times and shook his head, finally regaining control of himself. "Ohh... What hit me?" "Oh, Ranma! I know you told me to stay out of this, but I think this is too much even for you. Not even the Senshi have been able to do anything. We've got to get help!" Pulling himself up to his elbows, Ranma looked around. After taking him out, the alien had also dispatched Sailor Jupiter. Like this, there was no way that they could win. What the needed was someone with more power, someone with a greater strength in battle than any of the Senshi... Getting to his feet, Ranma clenched his fists, gritting his teeth in determination. "Akane... This is something I've gotta do... I don't wanna do it, matter of fact, I always hoped that you would never find out about this... But..." When Ranma doused himself with some cold water and turned into a girl then marched over to stand in front of the alien, Akane felt her heart skip a beat. "D-Don't tell me... Could he be?... Could he really be Sailor Saturn?..." Raising on hand to the sky, the petite female Ranma called out her trademark transformation phrase: "Seina chikara! Seina negai!" "Holy Power! Holy Prayer!" With that, a series of lights proceeded to coalesce onto the girl, lifting her and spinning her around. Her hair flew free of the pigtail that held it, cascading down her back while she struck a series of poses, the light glinting off her body. After her white top and short skirt formed, Ranma's feet again touched the ground. Raising both hands above her head so that the light glinted off her jewellery, Ranma began to spin. Gathering in several ephemeral ribbons into her hands, she drew them around her body, eventually having bows and ribbons attach to her uniform. One formed on her torso, another on her lower back that had a pair of long ribbons that almost reached the ground as they wafted out either side. As the transformation reached its end, Ranma was fully dressed again, rotating as balls of light shot into her body from all around, gathering their power into her. Striking her final series of poses, Ranma exhibited her uniform to the Senshi around her and the alien. There were bows. There was jewellery. There was a short skirt. There were white gloves. She was wearing a magical girl's version of a respectable uniform. "The spirit is with me!" Raising her right hand to the sky, Ranma concentrated on summoning her magical weapon. "ANGEL VIEW UP!" When it appeared, Ranma span it around, twirling and showing off her dexterity. Ignoring the looks she was getting from Akane and the gathered Senshi, Ranma pointed her weapon at the alien. "You might be pretty tough compared to the people here, but believe me, you haven't got anything on Dark Joker!" Spinning her weapon like a baton several times, Ranma raised it to chest height and pointed it at the alien. "ANGEL AID BOMB BEAM!" An immense green ball shot out the end of the baton, using the power of the spirit of the earth to blast straight through the alien without the slightest hesitation. Smiling broadly, Ranma twirled the baton a few more times before finishing in another pose. "Nurse Angel Ranma is here!" Akane blinked several times, looking at her fiancee in the stylised pink and white nurse's uniform. "Ranma?... What on earth?..." Suddenly looking sheepish, Ranma blushed a delicate shade of red and twisted the toe of one of her pink ballet shoes into the dirt. "Err... Actually, there's a really good explanation for this... Honestly... I'll just... need a little while to think of it..." ----- Author's Notes: What? You were really expecting Ranma to be Sailor Saturn were you? This came about when I wondered "what would Ranma hate even more than being one of the Sailor Senshi"? If anyone has not seen "SOS Nurse Angel Ririka", and likes magical girl anime in the style of Sailor Moon, give it a try. Good fun, and not quite as formulaic as Sailor Moon.